In December 2011 the NSW Adult and Community Education (ACE) Unit joined the Industry Programs Directorate, State Training Services, Department of Education and Communities.
State Training Services manages the vocational education and training market in NSW by
• developing training programs that target specific industries and industry needs, equity groups, jobseekers and existing workers
• focusing on NSW economic priorities and strategies e.g., skills shortage areas, green skills
• ensuring the quality of the VET industry through professional development workshops
• managing and regulating the apprenticeship and traineeship system in NSW
• encouraging and creating financial and working partnerships with industry, training organisations and other government department to achieve the most effective VET outcomes.
• registered training organisations to provide approved vocational training
• other eligible groups for the development of training, skills development and other vocational education initiatives.
Further information on State Training Services and the vocational education and training market in NSW can be found at www.training.nsw.gov.au.
The ACE Unit moved to State Training Services offices in Darlinghurst in late January 2012.
The ACE Unit’s new contact details are:
Adult and Community Education
Industry Programs, State Training Services
Level 12, 1 Oxford St
DARLINGHURST NSW 2010
Locked Bag 53, DARLINGHURST NSW 2010
PH: 02 9244 5470
FAX: 02 9244 5363